Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post:
- At least 5 ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics/Science.
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- At least Electrician Class 1 Journeyman.
- 2 years’ hands-on experience in building construction projects.
- Working knowledge of pumps, generators and switch gears.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work on building construction projects of the University.
- Assess and produce bill of quantities of materials required for maintenance and new installations.
- Checking of line tension and the gap between phases.
- Changing of fuses when need arises.
- Periodic testing of the switch gear feed for the overhead lines.
- Checking the condition of all the transformers.
- Keep records of transformer servicing and recommend servicing when due.
- Cutting down trees and bushes underneath lines.
- Carry out periodic assessment of lighting and power requirements for University buildings, sporting and recreation facilities and recommend remedy to the Director of Works and Estates.
- Maintain motors and electrical connections for pumps, switchboards and control panels and carry out periodic checks to ensure that these remain functional.
- Maintain all electrical installations and equipment for the University to ensure that they remain functional.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resource
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
P Bag 7001
By no later than 1400 hours on Friday, 08 July 2022. Applicants should clearly indicate the post being applied for on the application letter, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.