The Council of Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of Registrar that has arisen at the University.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Registrar will be responsible for the administration and management of the University’s academic and non-academic support services. He/she is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper functioning and running of the University’s administrative processes in the delivery of the University Strategy and as provided for in the Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences Act (Chapter 25:31).
This post is an executive position within the University and the Registrar has overall responsibility over the administration of the University, its organisation, management, academic and non-academic support services and the designing of appropriate systems to enhance the University to discharge its mandate.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Advising and assisting the Vice Chancellor, the University Council, Senate and other Committees of the University on matters of corporate governance and interpretation of Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences Statutes and Ordinances;
- Development, formulation and implementation of the University administration policies, rules and regulations at different levels in pursuit of the University’s vision and strategic objectives, and actualization of the heritage-based Education 5.0 philosophy;
- Ensuring the University environment is conducive for students from enrolment through graduation;
- Responsible for the general soundness of the University’s business environment and brand image;
- Provide leadership and coordinate secretarial services to the University’s Council, Senate and other relevant committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
a) Applicants must be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or Management and/or its equivalent;
b) A holder of at least a relevant Masters’ Degree and/equivalent professional qualification in administration, management or other related relevant field.
c)A PhD qualification in that field will be an added advantage
d) At least ten (10) years’ experience at senior level with a significant part in a higher education institution or organization.
e) Relevant practical experience with information communication technologies (ICTs) and their application in administrative and management systems.
f) Have knowledge and understanding of the academic business of the University;
g) Be self-motivated, dedicated and highly responsible, strong moral character and integrity to handle confidential records in compliance with institutional policies;
h) A demonstrable ability to communicate readily and effectively at all levels with a wide variety of stakeholders of different backgrounds, ages, beliefs, both within the University and outside;
i) Ability to collaborate effectively with University departments and cross functional teams and
j) Demonstrable competency in relevant Information Management Systems.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Candidate should have demonstrable leadership skills ,he/she should be reliable, dedicated, self-motivated, proactive and innovative;
- He/she should be a team player with proven ability to communicate effectively;
- He/she should have excellent writing skills which enables him/her to write reports and minutes of proceedings of high profile meetings;
- Candidate should have sound knowledge of public relations and protocol.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applicants must submit eight (8) copies of applications as well as an electronic version in a single PDF file which should include copies of Birth, ID and Academic Certificates, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, date of availability, contact details, names and email addresses of three (3) contactable referees.
The envelope should be clearly marked; Registrar Post and addressed to:
Chairman of Council
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
c/o The Vice Chancellor’s Office
Stair Guthrie Road – Off Vumba Road
P. Bag 7001
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30 July 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.