EXECUTIVE DEAN – RESEARCH INNOVATION AND POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
Dr. Crispen Erinos Bhukuvhani
DPhil Chemistry Education (Midlands State University, ZIMBABWE), MScEd (Bindura University of Science Education, ZIMBABWE),), BSc (Licentiate) Chemistry (Universidad Pedagogica Erique Jose Varona, CUBA)
- Bhukuvhani, C. (2021) Education for Sustainable Development in Schools in Zimbabwe: A resource book for teachers. UNESCO. Pages 64.
- Bhukuvhani, C. (2013) Introductory Computing. OmniScriptum GmbH & Co.KG- LAP Academic Publishing. Pages 385. ISBN 978-3-659-46103-3.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Bhukuvhani, C., Nezandonyi, J. & Mutanga, P. (2022) Advancement of Science, Technology and Innovation Education in Zimbabwe. In Chirinda, B., Sibanda, L., Vere, J. & Sunzuma, G. (Eds) Science, Mathematics and Technology Education. Germany: Peter Lang Publishing
- Bhukuvhani C. (2022) Utilisation of biosphere reserves and indigenous knowledge systems in science teaching and learning. In UNESCO Education for Sustainable Development Change projects book. UNESCO.
- Bhukuvhani, C., Mutanga, P. & Nezandonyi, J. (2019) Towards sustainable industrialisation and modernisation in Zimbabwe through universities-industry linkages: Policy, research, practice. ZIRS Book: Research Council of Zimbabwe. pp 165- 176 rcz.ac.zw/docc/12th ZIRS Book of Papers Presented.pdf
- Bhukuvhani, C., Gudhlanga, E. and Chirimuuuta, C. (2012) Science Education for Sustainable Livelihoods: Community Development through Society-Responsive Science Curriculum Reforms In Maruta, S. (Ed.) Sustainable Peace and Development at Community Level: Beneficiaries are Actors too. Southern Institute of Peace-Building and Development, Harare. pp 81-97 ISBN 978-0-7974-4932-9
- Bhukuvhani, C. (in press) Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS): Implications for Science Teaching and Learning. In E. Gudlanga and G. Makaudze (Eds) Re-thinking indigenous knowledge systems in the contemporary global knowledge discourse: A Multi-Disciplinary Approach.
- Gadzirayi, C.T., Ruyimbe, O., Bongo, P., Bhukuvhani, C. & Mucheri, T. (2016) Diagnostic study on status of STEM Education in Zimbabwe. Bindura University of Science Education in collaboration with Higherlife Foundation.
- Bhukuvhani, C. & Nyikahadzoyi, M.R. (2016) Baseline survey and situational analysis on science uptake in Zimbabwe secondary schools in Zimbabwe. Bindura University of Science Education.
- Bhukuvhani, C. (2014)Gender Project- Country notes for Zimbabwe and Swaziland.Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Centre, Paris, France.
PUBLISHED ARTICLES (REFEREED JOURNALS)
- Mhishi, M., Gwizangwe, I. & Bhukuvhani, C. (2022) Towards a sustainable technology-enhanced supervision and assessment of Teaching Practice: A pilot case of an e-Supervision model at a university in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT Vol 18, Issue 2
- Bhukuvhani, C., Chiromo, A.S. & Chikunda, C. (2020) Influence of culture on students’ learning of stoichiometry: A case study. GZU School of Education Journal of New Vision in Educational Research (JoNVER) 1 (2), 245-260
- Bhukuvhani, C., Chiromo, A. S., & Chikunda, C. (2019) Towards a framework for understanding the influence of selected aspects of culture on secondary school students’ learning of stoichiometry: Insights from a preliminary study. Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research, 31 (3),
- Bhukuvhani, C., Chiromo, A. S., & Chikunda, C. (2019) Students’ held understanding and nature of conceptions on reaction stoichiometry: A case study of a rural secondary school in Zimbabwe. HIT Journal of Technological Pedagogy.
- Mutanga, P., Nezandonyi, J. & Bhukuvhani, C. (2018) Enhancing engineering education through technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): A case study in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT. 14 (3), 38-49
- Bhukuvhani, C. (2018) Analysis of the status of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education in Zimbabwean secondary schools: Access, Quality, Policy. Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research Vol. 30 Issue 1 pp. 105-121.
- Bhukuvhani, C. (2017) Students’ perceptions on the politics of mobile phones usage among learners. International Open and Distance Learning Journal ISBN 7980797464438 pp 43-50.
- Dziva, D., Kusure, L., Bhukuvhani, C., Mhishi, M., Muvindi, I., Zuvalinyenga, D., Basira, K. & Berdut, I.R. (2015) Attrition of pre-service student science teachers under the virtual, open and distance learning (VODL) mode at Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) in Zimbabwe. Educational Journal of the University of Patras UNESCO Chair, 2(2), p. 25-34, ISSN: 2241-9152
- Bhukuvhani, C., Sana, A. and Tigere, A.(2013)Self-Built Experimental Projects (SBEP): Curriculum Engineering for Science Practical Work in Open and Distance Learning Environment. International Journal of Curriculum Development and Planning Vol. 2 (5)
- Zengeya-Makuku, V., Kusure L., Zengeya A. and Bhukuvhani, C. (2013) Secondary School Teachers’ Conceptions Of Indigenous Knowledge: A Basis For Its Inclusion Into The Curriculum. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development Vol. 2 Issue 8 pp 446-452.
- Jongore, M., Chitimuuta, C., Bhukuvhani, C. and Zuvalinyenga, D. (2013) The Zimbabwean First Languages seem to be dying a Natural Death: A Case of University Students’ Academic Writing. Greener Journal of Educational Research Vol. 3 (7) pp 318-325.
- Sunzuma, G., Zezekwa, N., Bhukuvhani, C. and Chinyoka, M. (2013) Relationship between undergraduate science education achievement in statistics and their prior secondary school mathematics achievement. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research Vol. 2 Issue 8 pp 316-319.
- Zengeya-Makuku V., Sunzuma G., Zengeya A. and Bhukhuvhani C.E. (2013) The Quality of Teaching Practice Supervision and Assessment Of Science Student Teachers at The Bindura University Of Science Education (BUSE). BioInfo Publications- Journal of Education Vol. 3 Issue 1 pp 48-53. ISSN: 2249-5517 & E-ISSN: 2249-5525
- Bhukuvhani, C., Tigere, A., Mhishi, M., Sunzuma, G. and Mupa, M. (2013) Science and Technology Education Curriculum reforms for the Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (NST) Revolution. BioInfo Publications- Journal of Education Vol. 3 Issue 1 pp44-47. ISSN: 2249-5517 & E-ISSN: 2249-5525
- Bhukuvhani, C., Nyoni, N., Mushiri, T., Mupa, M., Mhishi, M., Sunzuma, G., Zezekwa, G. and Gwizangwe, I. (2013) Science and Technology Educators and Students’ Conceptions of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology: Case of three universities in Zimbabwe. Crown Research in Education Vol. 3 Issue 1 pp22-26.
- Bhukuvhani, C., Munakandafa, W., Tigere, A., Munodawafa, V., Zengeya, A. and Mupa, M. (2012) Addressing Teaching Practice Quality Assurance Issues in Open and Distance Learning Science Teacher Training: A Case Study in Zimbabwe. SPIRI-International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow Vol. 1 Issue 8 pp 1-6 ISSN: 2277-6168.
- Chirimuuta, C., Gudhlanga, E. and Bhukuvhani, C. (2012) Indigenous Knowledge Systems a Panacea in Education for Development?: The Place and Role of Indigenous Knowledge Systems in Curriculum Innovations in Zimbabwe. SPIRI-International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow Vol. 1 Issue 5 pp 1-9 ISSN: 2277-6168
- Sunzuma, G., Zezekwa, N. and Bhukuvhani, C. (2012) An insight into the Pedagogical Approaches for a Virtual Open Distance Learning (VODL) Programme at a selected university in Zimbabwe. SPIRI-International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow Vol. 1 Issue 4 pp 1-10 ISSN: 2277-6168
- Bhukuvhani, C., Mupa, M., Mhishi, M. and Dziva, D. (2012) Science Practical Work Instructional Technologies and Open Distance Learning in Science Teacher Training: A Case Study in Zimbabwe. IJEDICT, Volume 8, Issue 2. pp 17-27 ISSN: 1814-0556
- Gudhlanga, E., Chirimuuta, C and Bhukuvhani, C. (2012)Towards a Gender Inclusive Curriculum in Zimbabwe’s Education System: Opportunities and Challenges. Gender and Behaviour Vol. 10 (1) pp 4533-4545 ISSN: 0117-7322
- Mhishi, M., Mandoga, E., Tunjera, N. and Bhukuvhani, C. (2012) An Assessment of the 2009 Zimbabwe Government’s Decision to Enrol Pupils into Form One Using School-Based Assessment as an Alternative to Public Examinations. Canadian Center of Science and Education- International Education Studies- Vol.5 No. 4 pp 31-38 ISSN 1913-9039
- Sunzuma, G., Zezekwa, N. and Bhukuvhani, C. (2012) Undergraduate Students, views on their learning of Research Methods and Statistics (RMS) course: Challenges and Alternate Strategies. SPIRI-International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow Vol. 1 Issue 3 pp 1-9 ISSN: 2277-6168
- Bhukuvhani, C., Chiparausha, B. and Zuvalinyenga, D. (2012) Effects of Electronic Information Resources Skills Training for Lecturers on Pedagogical Practices and Research Productivity. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT Vol. 8 Issue 1 pp 16-28 ISSN: 1814-0556
- Mhishi, M. and Bhukuvhani, C. and Sana, A.F. (2012) Science Teacher Training Programme in Rural Schools: An ODL Lesson from Zimbabwe. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning (IRRODL). Vol. 13 No. 1 pp 72-86. ISSN: 14923831
- Bhukuvhani, C. Zezekwa, N. and Sunsuma, G. (2011) Students’ preparedness to integrate Information and Communication Technology tools and resources for the learning of Organic Chemistry concepts in the District of Masvingo, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT Vol. 7 Issue 2 pp 27-37 ISSN: 1814-0556
- Bhukuvhani, C. Zezekwa, N. and Sunsuma, G. (2011) Primary School Pre-service Teachers’Perceptions of the Effectiveness of Mentor Supervision. The Dyke: Journal of the Midlands State University Vol. 5 Issue 2 pp 124-144
- Bhukuvhani C., Kusure L.P., Munodawafa V, Sana A.F and Gwizangwe I. (2010) Pre-service Teachers’ Use of Improvised and Virtual Laboratory Experimentation in Science Teaching. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT. Vol. 6 Issue 4 Vol. pp 27-38 ISSN: 1814-0556