The Bursar’s Department serves the needs of the university and its various departments and other stakeholders. It is entrusted with overseeing the accounting, cashiering, student accounts, accounts payable, payroll activities, budget planning, capital financing, endowments/( specific funds), investments, and cash management operating units. It is our goal to provide innovative financial leadership and business solutions that support an exemplary educational experience for our students and faculty. Our mission is founded upon integrity, teamwork and preeminent resource stewardship to ensure MSUAS’s financial strength through the design, implementation and continuous assessment as well as improvement of sound and effective systems of internal controls for the management of University’s financial resources, for generations to come. MSUAS Bursar’s Department derives its authority from Section 20, of the University Act, Chapter 25:21, Public Finance Management Act (Chapter 22:19), International financial Reporting Standards and other statutory and regulatory provisions as maybe promulgated and be in force, from time to time.
(why we exist)
To report the financial position of the University, its departments, and business activities to various stakeholders through provision of the highest quality financial information and services in a timely, accurate, clear, complete and friendly manner .
Within the scope of this mission is the responsibility to coordinate and direct all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system of the University. This responsibility requires that we be service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments of the university while still assuring that all transactions conform to University policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and statutes.
(what we want to be)
• The Bursar’s Department employs competent and caring business professionals of unquestionable integrity who are innovative, resourceful, collaborative, and helpful in facilitating the management and accountability of the University’s resources for this generation and those that follow;
(what is important to us)
• We value a culture of accountability, honesty, fairness and impartiality, integrity and are committed to always doing the right thing in a transparent manner.
• We employ good business practices in our own department, observing a high level of compliance to statute and regulation and we encourage and assist members of the university community in doing likewise.
• We value input from those we serve, model respect and civility in communications with them and recognize the importance of active listening, timely learning, and continuously improving.
• We value employees who have initiative, insight, and an ability to understand the larger environment in which we work.
• We value a keen spirit of teamwork and cooperation in helping fellow employees accomplish their assignments successfully.