Mr Nyasha Sakadzo
Department: Agricultural Economics
Msc Crop Protection (MSU) (2015)
Bsc Agronomy honours (MSU) (2011)
PGDE (ZOU) (2016)
Current program enrolled
Phd in Agriculture (Crop Science) with Great Zimbabwe University under the Department of Soil and Plant Sciences.
-Crop protection (Weed science (allelopathy), pathology and entomology)
– Use of natural pesticides (biopesticides and bioherbicides) extracts for weed, insect pests and disease management.
- Sakadzo, N., Pahla, I., Muzemu ,S., Mandumbu, R and Makaza, K. 2018. Thorn apple (Datura stramonium L.) allelopathy on cowpeas (Vigna unguiculata L.) and wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in Zimbabwe. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 13(29): 1460-1467.
- Sakadzo, N.,Pahla, I., Muzemu ,S., Mandumbu ,R and Makaza, K. 2018. Herbicidal effects of Datura stramonium (L.) leaf extracts on Amaranthus hybridus (L.) and Tagetes minuta (L.). African Journal of Agricultural Research. 13(34): 1754-1760.
- Sakadzo, N., Makaza, K., Chagonda, I., Shanangura, J and Haripo T.T. 2018. Response of maize (Zea mays L.) inbred lines to different herbicide combinations. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 13(31):140-1550.
- Sakadzo, N & Chibi, Rindirai M. (2020). “Effects of drinking water containing Aloe vera extracts on growth and palatability of Black Austrolop and Koekoek Ecotype chickens”. Acta Scientific Agriculture. (4) (1):73-80.
- Sakadzo, N., Makaza, K & Tafirenyika, F. (2019). Effects of time of earthing up on yield and yield parameters of Irish potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in Zaka District, Zimbabwe. Agricultural Science. (1) (1):39-46.
- Sakadzo, N., Makaza, K & Bvekwa, G. (2019). Influence of establishment methods on yield and yield parameters of finger millet (Eleusine corocana L. Gaertn) in ward 24, Zaka District. Agricultural Science: (1) (1): 39-46.
- Sakadzo, N., Chisvuure, A & Nhara, R. (2020) “Evaluating the Repellent Properties of Mexican Marigold (Tagetes minuta) Aqueous Extracts on Aphid Population in Rape (Brassica napus)”. Acta Scientific Microbiology. (3) (4): 65-70.
- Gombarume, T., Nhara, R.B., Hungwe, T& Sakadzo, N. (2020). “Phenotypic Characterisation of Indigenous Chickens in Rushinga District”. Acta Scientific Agriculture. (4) (4): 20-24.
- Sakadzo, N., Makaza, K & Chikata, L. (2020). Biopesticidal properties of aqueous crude extracts of tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) against fall armyworm (Spodoptera frugiperda J.E Smith) on maize foliage (Zea mays L.) diets. Agricultural Science: (2) (1): 47-55
- Sakadzo, N., Mavugara, J and Musara, A. (2020). A critical review of value chain for Irish potato in Zimbabwe with specific regards to the economic policy: A review. Agricultural Science. (2) (2): 42-48.
- Sakadzo, N. (2020). Commercialisation and Industrialisation through registration and use of botanical pesticides for crop protection in Zimbabwe. A review. Octa Journal of Biosciences. (8) (2): 83-97.
- Sakadzo, N & Kugedera, A.T. (2020). The use of small grains for food security and climate compliant in dry regions of Zimbabwe: Sumerianz Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary. (3) (10): 143-149.
- Sakadzo, N. (2021). Effects of deforestation on soil functions and how reforestation can reverse them: Short communication. International Journal of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine. 9 (1): 36-40.
- Sakadzo, N., Kugedera, A.T & Mandumbu, R. (2021). Correlation between Striga spp and soil fertility prominence: A Review. Volume. International Journal of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine. 9 (1): 26-35.
- Kupurai, P., Kugedera, A.T & Sakadzo Nyasha. (2021). Evaluating the potential contribution of non-timber forest products (NTFPs) to smallholder farmers in semi-arid ad arid regions: A case of Chivi. Research in Ecology. (3): 22-30.
- Sakadzo, N & Kugedera, A.T. (2020). Assessing grain damage and weight loss under varying (LGB) (Prostephanus truncatus Horn) (Coleoptera, Brostichidae) initial infestation densities and storage duration in stored maize grain. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine. (9) (2): 44-50.
- Chamunorwa, S., Sakadzo, N & Kugedera, A.T. (2021). Exploring constraints and opportunities for small-holder sorghum production in dryland regions of Zimbabwe. NASS Journal of Agricultural Science. (3) (2):1-7.
- Sakadzo, N., Nhara, R.B., Kugedera, A.T., Musara, A & Makuvara, Z. (2021). Rediscovering pride in agricultural heritage through cultivation of African Indigenous vegetables (AIVs) as climate acquiescent vegetables, immune and health in response to COVID-19 pandemic in Zimbabwe. NASS Journal of Agricultural Science (3) (2):8-22.
- Aqueous leaf extracts of sunflower (Helianthus annuus) for weed management
- The role of indigenous knowledges systems (IKS) in climate change
- Utilisation and contribution of forest resources to improve food security in dry regions of Africa
- Climate change and plant physiological drought stress mechanisms in C4 crops. A case of maize in Zimbabwe
- Integrated soil fertility management options as means of improving tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) production in south-eastern Zimbabwe
- Potency of Bitter apple fruit (Solanum incanum) and contact time against fall armyworm (FAW) (Spodoptera frugiperda J.E Smith) on maize (Zea mays L.) foliage diet
- Assessing the potential of earthing up and integrated nutrient management on Irish potato (Solanum tuberosum) productivity in smallholder farming systems
- Efficacy and cost benefit analysis of dual magnum 960EC and bateleur gold 650EC as pre-emergence herbicides in controlling weeds in maize at Chisumbanje Estate
- Reconnoitring the contributions of small grains cultivated in dryland regions of Zimbabwe on immune system and fight against Covid-19
- Crop science society of Zimbabwe