Name: Weston Darlington Govere
Department: Applied Statistics
Contact Details: email@example.com
- January 2017 to December 2019 University of Kwazulu Natal (Durban, South Africa)
PhD Computer Science (Cryptography using Chaos-based Cipher Generation and Phase-only Encryption). Supervisor: Prof Jonathan Blackledge, Co-supervisor: Dr. Jean Vincent Fonou Dombeu.
- April 2007 to April 2009 Mzuzu University (Mzuzu, Malawi)
Master of Science Degree in Information Theory, Coding and Cryptography (credit)
- August 2001 to July 2005 Midlands State University (Gweru, Zimbabwe) Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Mathematics with Upper Second Class (2.1)
AWARDS, HONORS AND GRANTS RECEIVED:
September 2018: Travel grant funding by Heidelberg Laureate Forum Foundation for the 6th Heidelberg Laureate Forum in Heidelberg, Germany.
January 2017 – December 2019: DST-NRF CoE-MaSS Doctoral Bursary at University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN), South Africa.
November 2008: Academic Travel and Conference Funding by Mzuzu University for Southern Africa Mathematical Science Association (SAMSA) in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Member, Southern Africa Mathematical Sciences Association (2008 – Present)
- Professional Member (7460729), Association for Computing Machinery (November 2013 – July 2016)
Chaos-based Cipher Generation and Phase-only Encryption,
Lattice based cryptography,
Error Correction Codes.
1. Weston Govere and Jonathan Blackledge (2019), Encryption Methodologies Based on Floating Point Algorithms, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security, Stellenbosch University, South Africa, February 28-01 March 2019, pp 516-527. E-Book ISBN: 978-1-912764-12-9, E-Book ISSN: 2048-9889,
Book version ISBN: 978-1-912764-11-2, Book Version ISSN: 2048-9870
2. Jonathan Blackledge, Weston Govere and Dumisani Sibanda (2019), Phase-Only Digital Encryption, IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 49, no. 2, pp212-228, 2019.
3. J. M. Blackledge, P. Tobin, W. Govere and D. Sibanda (2019), Phase-only Digital Encryption using a Three-pass Protocol, 30th Irish Signals and Systems Conference (ISSC 2019) Mon 17th – Tue 18th June 2019, Maynooth University, Ireland.
4. Gumbo; Tsokota; Mamboko; Govere & Mukwazvure (2018), IT Governance: Status and Level of Implementation in Zimbabwean Banks, Journal of Business Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 2, 2018, pp 25 -38. P-ISSN: 2521 – 5620, E-ISSN: 2521 – 5302.
5. Wellington Makondo, Kudzanayi Chiteka, Gladman Jekese, Larry Chikukura and Weston Govere (2018), Mamdani Inference Technique for prediction of egg hatching parameters of different species of birds, EAI Transactions, ACRID 2017, June 20-21, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
6. Tsitsi G. Mubaiwa, Chiedza Hwata, Wellington Makondo, Gladman Jekese, Tendai Marengereke and Weston Govere (2018), Job Scheduling and Resource sharing on cloud platform based on Improved Bees Algorithm, EAI Transactions, ACRID 2017, June 20-21, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
7. Gotora T, Zvarevashe K, Govere W and Padenga T (2014), Virtual SIMs the future of Telephony as a service, ISSN 2223-7062 Proceedings and report of the 7th UbuntuNet Alliance annual conference, 2014
8. Gresham Muradzikwa, Noreen Sarai, Weston D. Govere, and Dumisani Sibanda, Designing of Android Mobile Based System Using QR Code: International Journal of Innovative Research & Development (IJIRD), Vol 3, Issue 11, 2014, pp 25-33. ISSN: 2278-0211 (Online).
9. W D. Govere, T.Tsokota, O. Chikuta, A. Mukwembi, and P. Chinofunga, “The Use of the Internet to Attract Tourists to Zimbabwe. An Analysis of the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority Website,” International Journal of Management & Business Studies, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2013, pp.132-136. ISSN: 2230-9519 (Online)|ISSN: 2231-2463 (Print).
10. Chinofunga P.T., Charumbira W.F., Govere W.D., Dzvuke G , Automated Teller Machine Reliability, Problems and Risks : International Journal of Mathematical Archive (IJMA), Vol 3, No 2 ,2012, pp 781-792. ISSN: 2229-5046
11. Givious Sisito, Peter Tinashe Chinofunga, Joseph Sikosana, Weston Darlington Govere, Andre F Van Rooyen, Wellington Fredrick Charumbira*, Farmer’s resource flow decisions on farm-level interventions on livestock water productivity: A conceptual model approach: International Journal of Mathematical Archive (IJMA), Vol 3, No 4 2012, pp 1336-1341. ISSN: 2229-5046
Non-Refereed Conference Papers
1) Govere W.D. and Ryan J.A. (2008), Binary Goppa Codes of Degree 4 and their Extended Versions, SAMSA 2008 Proceedings, Maputo, Mozambique.